We’re growing! Our services are in high demand. We need more talented team members to assist our clients in reaching their book marketing and publishing goals.
Web Designer and WordPress Specialist (Freelance contract)
Gutsy Creatives seeks an enthusiastic, talented web designer and wordpress specialist.
You will be responsible for managing multiple websites, implementing re-design, building landing pages, and improving our wordpress-based learning management system. Your work will directly impact the growth of the business and positively influence our clients of artists and writers around the world.
- Excellent written and spoken English ability
- 5+ years of wordpress experience
- Experience with PHP, HTML (responsive), CSS
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL)
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies
- Ability to conceptualize creative ideas and testing/improving websites
- Strong UI understanding
- Graphic design skills
- Self-motivated, positive and organized
- Creative problem solving ability
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- High degree of independent judgment. Able to solve complex problems.
- Positive, solution-oriented outlook
- Enthusiastic support in the company’s mission to encourage female entrepreneurship and foster female empowerment.
These skills are NOT required, but will be an added advantage on the job!
- Love of arts, books and/or literature
- Interest/experience in entrepreneurialism or startups
- Experience with online video
- Experience with online learning management systems (LMS)
- Experience with email or automated marketing software (Such as GetResponse, MailChimp, LeadPages)
- Experience with Adobe design software
- Training in Lean, Agile, Scrum or Kaban project management
- eCommerce experience (Braintree, woocommerce, paypal)
This is a remote position. Work from home or wherever you like. 40 hours per week, flexible schedule. Temporary contract, renewable. You must have a personal laptop or computer, web cam and reliable, high-speed internet connection to complete work and participate in video meetings.
WHO CAN APPLY:
All capable, self-motivated people are encouraged to apply. Any age. Male or female. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Applicant will be chosen based on skill, attitude and experience. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Base Salary: Rs 60,000/= per month. Contract / freelance position. EPF/ETF or other benefits are not applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to complete the application. Sri Lankan applicants: DO NOT apply directly on Ikman. We will not see your application. You must apply through the form linked below.