WEBINAR: Authors Who Transformed Bummers to Bestsellers (Ideas You Can Steal)
Friday, Feb. 11 @ 10am PT (2pm ET / 1pm ET)
Gutsy Creatives founder Kelsye Nelson reveals some of the best lessons we can learn from successful authors of our time.
Not feeling so great about your publishing results? You’re in good company! Many famous authors flopped big time before their books and careers took off. Here’s just a few you may know:
- Publishers rejected Beatrix Potter’s The Tale of Peter Rabbit so many times, she self-published it on his own. Just 250 copies in the first year. Now the book has sld over 45 million.
- Dubliners sold only 379 copies in the first year. James Joyce bought 120 of them. It took 9 years before another publisher would give the book a chance.
- Rejected by all publishers in the UK and US, D.H. Lawrence self-published Lady Chatterly’s Lover in 1928. The book took another 30 years to become a worldwide bestseller.
Think things are different for authors today? Think again!
- Mark Dawson’s first two traditionally published thrillers “sank without a trace”. After turning to self-publishing, he sold more than 4 million copies of his books worldwide.
- Eragon debuted as a self-published book. The 19-year-old author Christopher Paolini spent a year feverishly promoting the book without professional help. Random House finally offered a publishing deal and Paolini received the Guiness record for the “youngest author of a bestselling book series.”
- Garth Stein broke onto the literary scene with The Art of Racing in the Rain. However, that success was only possible because of his extensive outreach efforts with his lesser-known first novel.
- Many people think Austin Kleon scored an instant success with Steal Like an Artist. What most people don’t know is that his first book flopped and he thought he would never write another book again. It wasn’t until a blog post went viral that he got a second chance at being an overnight success.
These stories not only comfort (and amuse) our weary writerly spirits, they provide excellent author marketing blueprints. Join our webinar tomorrow for a surprisingly entertaining attack on your preconceived notions of how authors achieve success.
Yes! The webinar will be recorded. Register before the webinar starts to receive a link to the recording after the event.
Current Book Deals
Small Town Writer, Big World Audience5$497.00
How to Self-Publish Your First Book5$379.00
Author Success Accelerator
0 responses on "WEBINAR: Authors Who Transformed Bummers to Bestsellers"