We’re growing! Our services are in high demand. We need more talented team members to assist our clients in reaching their book marketing and publishing goals.
Copy Editor (Freelance contract)
Proofread and/or copyedit client manuscripts. You are in charge of making sure that manuscripts are free of any errors, whilst ensuring that texts are engaging and accessible to the readers. Proofreading involves correcting grammatical and spelling errors, while copy-reading involves looking at the work and fixing any problems with style and tone.
This is a contract position. You will be asked to provide a quote a delivery timeline estimate for each job.
This position has been filled. If you would like to be considered for similar openings in the future, you may complete the application.Copy Editor Application
Part-Time Marketing Assistant (Freelance contract)
Gutsy Creatives seeks an enthusiastic, talented Marketing Assistant to support projects in lifestyle, travel, art and literature fields.
This role directly impacts the growth of our business and positively influences our audience of artists and writers around the world.
This is a 100% remote position. Flexible hours. Work from home. You will use your choice of software and computers. You must have access to a reliable internet connection. Hours will vary week-to-week based on project and client load. $18-$20 per hour based on experience.
Tasks may include:
- Social media content and follower management
- Sending blast emails via GetResponse
- Using services like Canva to create simple graphics
- Updating blogs on WordPress
- Organizing / assisting with author events
- Directly supporting book and author campaigns
- Market research
- Writing or editing blog articles
- Outreach to media or bloggers
- SEO optimization
- Facebook / Google ad management
- Monitoring business communication channels
- Responding to customer and student emails
- Tracking and updating information in spreadsheets
- Tracking meeting tasks and notes
- Monitoring upcoming project deadlines
- Assisting on live online classes
- Creating reports for advertising conversion and social media reach
- Personal laptop or computer and reliable, high-speed internet connection to participate in video calls and live webinars
- Excellent written and spoken English ability
- Self-motivated, positive and organized
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- 1-3 years of marketing experience
- Excited to learn new technologies and experience with marketing methodologies
- Computer and Internet literate (Word, Excel, Google Drive, Social Media)
Extra Super Powers:
These skills are NOT required, but will be an added advantage on the job!
- Love of art, books and/or literature
- Interest in entrepreneurialism or startups
- Experience with WordPress, or basic web design experience
- Graphic design ability
- Social media marketing experience
- Event management
- Email marketing
- Project management skills
- Facebook or google advertising
- Publishing industry experience
- Public speaking